**This license is no longer available. The Public Adjuster Apprentice is now offered as an appointment under a 6-20 All Lines Adjuster license.**
TYPE AND CLASS:
31-20 Public Adjuster
“Public Adjuster Apprentice” defined:
A person who is licensed as an all-lines adjuster, who is appointed and employed by, or has a contract with, a licensed and appointed public adjuster in good standing with the department or a public adjusting firm that employs at least one licensed and appointed public adjuster in good standing with the department to assist in ascertaining and determining the amount of any claim, loss, or damage payable under an insurance contract, or who undertakes to effect settlement of such claim, loss, or damage.
STEPS TO OBTAIN A 31-20 PUBLIC ADJUSTER APPRENTICE APPOINTMENT:
Step 1 – Hold a Resident 6-20 All-Lines Adjuster license.
Step 2 – Must have the following prerequisite:
Mail the original bond to:
Department of Financial Services
Bureau of Licensing, Room 419
200 East Gaines Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0319
Step 3 – Obtain Appointment:
- Have the Supervising Public Adjuster or Public Adjusting Firm submit a 31-20 Public Adjuster Apprentice appointment in eAppoint.
- Public Adjusting Firms will log in directly to eAppoint to submit the appointment.
- Supervising Public Adjusters can access eAppoint by logging into their MyProfile account.
- A person cannot hold more than one adjuster appointment at a time.
- A supervising public adjuster may not be responsible for more than one public adjuster apprentice simultaneously, and shall be accountable for the acts of the public adjuster apprentice which are related to transacting business as a public adjuster apprentice. Also, a public adjusting firm may not maintain more than four public adjuster apprentices simultaneously.
- A public adjuster apprentice has the same authority as the licensed public adjuster or public adjusting firm that employs the apprentice, except an apprentice may not execute contracts for the services of a public adjuster or public adjusting firm.
- Related Florida Statutes: 626.8541, 626.8651,